Frequently Asked Questions
1. Q: WHY SHOULD I REGISTER ON THE WEBSITE?
2. Q: HOW DO I GO ABOUT ORDERING ASSESSMENTS ON THE WEBSITE?
3. Q: ONCE I HAVE BOUGHT A SUBSCRIPTION AND REGISTERED, HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE BEFORE I RECEIVE MY ASSESSMENTS?
A: Once you have purchased a subscription, Teacher911 will call the school at which you teach and verify that you are an educator at the school and that the information for the subscription that you have purchased is correct i.e. the grades offered at the school and the language/s in which subjects are taught at your school.
Once the information is verified, you will receive an e-mail advising you that your access to the Teacher911 site has been approved. You can then log in and purchase the assessments that you require and make payment. Once your payment has been received and verified, your assessments will be e-mailed to you.
4. Q: HOW DO I MAKE PAYMENT FOR THE ASSESSMENTS THAT I WOULD LIKE TO PURCHASE?
Using the card payment option on the website is the quickest way for you to have your assessments e-mailed to you. Making use of any external, manual payments will result in at least a 48 hour delay in gaining access to your assessments.
Due to the high cost of banking fees, service charges and increase in the VAT rate, we are adding a R4.50 fixed service charge to every transaction.
Release times of various payment methods:
|Payment Method||Time until order is completed|
|Credit or Cheque Card Payments||48 hours|
|Cash Deposit at an ATM / EFT||48 to 72 hours|
|Cheque deposit at an ATM||48 to 72 hours (Please add R55 Cheque Deposit Fee to the total of your order when making payment)|
|Cash Deposit at Bank Teller||48 to 72 hours (Please add R45 Cash Deposit Fee to the total of your order when making payment)|
|Cheque deposit at Bank teller||48 to 72 hours (Please add R55 Cheque Deposit Fee to the total of your order when making payment)|
5. Q: IF I MAKE PAYMENT DIRECTLY ON THE WEBSITE USING THE CARD PAYMENT OPTION AVAILABLE, WILL MY INFORMATION BE SAFE?
3D Secure is an extra layer of security in using your credit card for online transactions. Sellers are asked to enter their 3D Secure password or one time PIN –which they register with their bank– to authenticate that they are the actual cardholder.
You would need to activate 3D Secure on your card via your bank (if you haven’t already done so).
For more information on activating your card for 3D Secure, please go to https://www.payfast.co.za/security-fraud/ scroll to the bottom of the screen and click on your bank’s logo to activate your card for 3D Secure. If you have any queries with regards to activating 3D Secure on your card, kindly contact your relevant bank.
6. Q: WILL I STILL BE ABLE TO MAKE PAYMENT USING AN ATM?
7. Q: WILL I STILL BE ABLE TO MAKE PAYMENT AT A TELLER INSIDE THE BANK?
Once you have bought a subscription, registered and made payment, please e-mail the proof of payment either to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com with all your relevant information i.e. Your name and the schools name. If you are paying for assessments ordered, first complete the purchase online and then send us your proof of payment with all your relevant information. Please use your website order number as the Beneficiary reference when making payment to avoid any delays in having your registration approved or your assessments e-mailed to you.
8. Q: WILL I STILL BE ABLE TO MAKE PAYMENT BY WAY OF NORMAL EFT?
9. Q: WHY IS THERE A R12.00 SUBSCRIPTION FEE BEING CHARGED?
A: The once-off R12.00 subscription fee is to cover costs related to verifying your information. Please ensure that you choose the correct subscription. If the information provided is not correct, you will not be approved to use the website and will have to register again.
10. Q: WILL I HAVE TO SIGN THE DECLARATION FOR EACH NEW TERM?
11. Q: HOW WILL I KNOW WHEN THE ASSESSMENTS FOR A NEW TERM ARE AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE ON THE WEBSITE?
A: Once the new assessments are available for purchase, you will be notified via e-mail.
12. Q: CAN I STILL BUY ASSESSMENTS VIA EMAIL AS IN THE PAST?
R50 or less – No fee will be charged up to maximum 3 orders per customer per term.
After that a service fee of R5.00 will apply for each order as follows:
- R51 – R999: R5.00
- R1 000+: R7.50
13. Q: ARE ASSESSMENT911 ASSESSMENTS MODERATED?
If the educator is unwilling to do moderation, the choice is still his/hers to set his/her own assessments.
14. Q: REFUNDS – WHAT IS THE PROCESS IF I OVERPAY ON ANY ORDER
- Any overpayment of R30.00 or less on any order will be retained by Teacher911 i.e if you overpay by between R1.00 to R30.00 there will be no refund done.
- Any overpayment of R30.00 or more will be refunded less a R30.00 charge for banking fees. i.e. if you overpay on an order by R31.00 only R1.00 will be refunded to you.